Friday, February 7, 2014

Blogging about Blogs

I honestly never thought that I would ever be writing a blog. Over the years I have had some acquaintances start blogs about random topics. Some of them were fun to read, but honestly I thought the whole thing was kind of odd. I never would have the confidence to put myself out there. Some of the stuff I was reading was super personal and putting that kind of information out in the Internet seems really scary. I understand that some people find it very therapeutic, which I think is awesome, but it still seems very intense to put all your thoughts and feelings out their for strangers to read. I always wondered how you would react to someone negatively responding to your inner most thoughts. I guess the issue with my thinking about blogging in that sense is that I am not realizing that a lot of people may blog for themselves, not for the reactions of others (I am sure some want the attention, but you know what I am trying to say).

2 comments:

  1. Stephanie I agree with everything you wrote! I am very uncomfortable with the idea of sharing my most personal thoughts for all the world to read. I also have friends that blog about their lives and also feel it is a bit odd. Hopefully this semester we will learn to become more comfortable with sharing our thoughts and ideas for the world to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I posted a comment here last night and it's not showing up. I'm thinking I must've hit the "sign out" button instead of the "publish" button??? Well...here I go AGAIN! I hope my comment will be half as insightful as I thought it was last night, but I'm sure it won't be!
    Anyway, like Madison, I agree with your hesitations about posting your thoughts and feelings to the world. I found it kind of ironic and funny that through the post above where you shared your reluctance and uneasiness about putting your personal "stuff" out there for all to see, you were in fact sharing your personal stuff. ha! Hoping it gets easier as we all get more comfortable with this sort of forum. :)

    ReplyDelete