Monday, March 17, 2014

    This semester I have started to feel a lot more comfortable with my ability to use digital video editing. I had some experiences using in camera editing, but I like that results of using an actual program to complete the editing. I think the videos that my group has created using the video editing have all be been nicely done. I think the best way to create professional looking videos is to keep things simple. We have used a lot of screen shots and images in our videos. I think adding a lot of action can sometimes complicate the video. I am also not well versed in using a camera, so I think having editing skills helps me create a more professional looking video.
   In my opinion having the right music and transitions are very important when creating a professional video. In creating our videos we realized that we would often need to add transitions to show a change in scene. Some transitions were better for creating a flow between scenes, while others created the element of separation. Using different tempos and volumes of music, we were able to create mood in our videos.. Overall, I have seen the benefits of understanding how to properly use digital editing when creating videos. I think students would really enjoy using this type of editing within the classroom. I could see them creating a video to show an explanation or create a summary of something they have read.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you; I like using the editing software far more than the in-camera editing. Being able to add in transitions and clean up stuff makes it a lot more professional looking and sounding. All of those things you mention also are really good items to help teach media literacy and the decoding of the messages that are present in music, transitions, camera angles, etc.

    ReplyDelete